Bachelor’s degree or higher in Fashion Merchandising or a closely related field. Prior merchandising experience a plus.
1. Consult and advise fashion designer in U. S. and product development team in overseas group company of fashion trends in the U. S.
2. Conduct research on new fashion acceptability of American public through attending fashion shows, reading industry publications, and contacting U. S. retailers and wholesalers, including meeting with current customers to have an overall picture of fashion trends and sales purposes for upcoming seasons.
3. Conduct research and make recommendations to management on procurement of fabrics overseas (mainly China) according to customer needs through reading China industrial publication information, and contacting sources through telephone and email to determine current prices and supplies.
4. Analyze current fashion clothing production techniques of overseas factories, and make recommendations on how to improve the processes, including splitting or consolidating lines of work products.
5. Analyze current company practice of managing the movement of fashion merchandise to U. S. companies, and make recommendations improving the process of moving fashion goods from overseas factories to the U. S. customer companies.
Bachelor’s level degree in Fashion Design or a closely related field. Must be detailed oriented, knowledgeable of manufacturing and production process, fashion trends and forecasts, have expertise in garment construction, and be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
1. Research and analyze creative designs for our various collections as well as fabric development;
2. Research trends in the fashion and textile industry as well as competitors to conceptualize and develop new design ideas;
3. Work with design and product development team to develop product designs & new ideas for textile fabrics for each delivery season for trend, innovation and color direction ensuring that the design and fabric selection fits the specific cost, comfort, function and fashion criteria for our products;
4. Create design specifications for color schemes, construction and material types, and prepare presentations for line previews and buyer meetings for prospective and existing clients;
5. Coordinate and adhere to design schedule to ensure timely completion following a predetermined product development calendar;
6. Ensure designs meet merchant line plans, assortment strategies and overall creative direction;
7. Manage the design process from first sample through production including all fit approvals and technical packages;
8. Coordinate design specifications, and changes as well as resolve design problems in the production process with overseas manufacturers;
9. Coordinate and attend textile and fashion shows; and
10. Keep current on knowledge of fashion and textile industry by evaluating trends and data in fashion magazines, product periodicals, textile journals, competitors’ websites/catalogs, runway shows, style websites, government documents, and other sources of information.
Bachelor’s level or higher education in Marketing or a closely related field. Must have strong analytical, written and oral communication skills.
1. Collecting and analyzing qualitative consumer information such as demographics, preferences, needs and buying trends to identify potential markets and factors affecting product demand;
2. Researching market conditions in local, regional, and national areas to determine potential sales of our various products;
3. Identifying advertising and promotional needs based on market share research;
4. Researching and tracking competitors’ products, distribution, and pricing and assisting in product pricings to gain competitive advantage over rivals;
5. Providing reports and spreadsheets based on cost analysis and project availability of materials;
6. Meeting with management to present reports and provide suggestions for business growth covering the 4 most important points- SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats);
7. Researching and monitoring industry trends through contact and feedback from current client companies, industry news, reports and publications to identify possible new products and revenue streams; and
8. Coordinating promotional campaigns and other marketing activities of our company’s various products and services to new organizations.